Your security is our top priority
Across the financial industry there has been an uptick in fraudulent phone calls and text messages. The messages may appear to come from your financial institution, but the number is being spoofed. Callers try to convince customers to provide their personal information, such as passwords, date of birth, etc. They are even tricking customers into believing their accounts have been compromised and their funds should be transferred to a different account.
Sonora Bank will never call, text or email you requesting bank account information or ask you to transfer your funds. To help protect our customers, please contact your local branch manager for access to activate the transfer feature within online banking. We take the trust you’ve placed in us extremely seriously, and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information.
At Sonora Bank, we are proud to offer you:
- Debit cards with EMV chip technology
- Secure mobile and online banking login
- Ability to immediately freeze your card via online banking or telephone banking if your card is lost or stolen.
Steps you can take to protect yourself
- Protect your personal information. Never give out your birthdate, Social Security Number, usernames or passwords.
- Do not respond to text messages from numbers you don't recognize.
- Do not open or click links in suspicious emails or text messages.
- Monitor your accounts regularly.
- Avoid public WiFi for financial transactions.
- Change your passwords on a regular basis and try to avoid reusing passwords.
- Research mobile applications before downloading them.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Shred personal documents with confidential information.
- Ensure firewalls and antivirus software is installed on your computer.
What to do if you suspect fraud
- Contact us immediately if you suspect an unauthorized debit or charge.
- Contact us immediately if your card or PIN was lost or stolen.
- Change your password, PIN and other login information.
- If you gave a scammer your Social Security Number, visit https://identitytheft.gov/ to see what steps you should take and how to monitor your credit.
Convenient, secure and innovative banking
With access to Sonora Bank's online banking through desktop and mobile devices, you are in full control of your accounts.