It's not just a job, it's a way of life.
Explore Sonora Bank Job Opportunities
Technology Support-boerne, bulverde, wimberley, new braunfels, hutto
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to providing support, manage and maintain all aspects of the bank’s technology services to within areas of Information Security, Information Technology, and Software.
- Information Security
- Support training objectives for bank staff based on testing results as well as industry norms
- Assist with planning and testing of Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity plans
- Information Technology
- Acts as initial contact for all technical support required for software, computer workstation hardware, telephone, network, operating system, printing, and Internet access problems
- Establish and maintain user profiles, access privileges and security.
- Work with IT vendor to ensure employee technology issues are handled in a timely manner
- Assist with installs, upgrades, moves, and changes for computer workstation hardware, printers, and other peripheral devices
- Ability to troubleshoot complex support issues with the bank’s software and hardware and provide resolution
- Assist with multiple projects relating to software updates, releases, migrations, or implementations
- Work with software vendors and MSP
- Perform other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent
1 to 2 years Information Technology, software and banking experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge of computer operations (i.e. email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc.) and other standard office products
- Ability to maintain and manage personal composure when confronted with a difficult situation and / or customer, with the ability to provide customers with information, data, advice, and solutions
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues over the phone, in person, and via email
- Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to assigned area, as well as the bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize work
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work under pressure and handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Working knowledge of office administration practices and procedures
- Ability to pass background investigation and drug screen
- Work is performed in a traditional office setting
- Frequent travel and overnight stays may be required
- Extended hours may be required
Carry out the duties and responsibilities of a paying and receiving teller, performing each transaction or service in an efficient manner while maintaining a pleasant and courteous demeanor to promote quality relationships and customer satisfaction.
- Greet customers promptly upon their arrival in the bank lobby. Conduct congenial professional interpersonal interactions with the customers throughout all transaction processes.
- Take deposits, cash checks, and do change orders for customers.
- Work night drop deposits and mail deposits and send receipt to customer.
- Sell Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, and Travelers checks. Balance bank checks weekly.
- Balance Cash Vault and ATM on a daily basis.
- Order savings bonds for customers and also cash them in.
- Remit customer’s Tax Deposits on a daily basis.
- New accounts input, (Loans, DDA, and Savings).
- Take stop payment information and input on system.
- Take wire transfer information and prepare Wire Transfer form for Wire Department.
- Customer service-answer phones, research and balancing customer accounts.
- Prepare CTR’s as needed for deposits and withdrawals of currency over $10,000.00.
- Prepare Compliance Audits as required by Internal Auditor.
- Attend Bank training and Seminars as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Teller experience and cash handling preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and use of computers and 10-key machines.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment when taking deposits and cashing checks.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; including keen ability to communicate genuinely conveying respect, dignity and cheerfulness with all levels of staffing.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner and quickly assess and prioritize customer’s needs when handling customers that are upset or angry.
- Ability to coordinate with employees in multiple departments.
- Attention to detail.
- Completing assigned tasks within the deadline provided.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
Provide assistance and support to loan officers by performing analysis on financial statements, tax returns, and cash flow for borrowers. This includes, but is not limited to:
Researching client’s banking relationship and credit history
Determining strengths and weaknesses of the credit
Appropriately analyzing collateral values
Identifying and mitigating policy exceptions
Analyzing financial trends (income statements, cash flow, etc.)
Request additional information as needed from the loan officer and occasionally, the customer directly
Maintain a current knowledge of banking/financial terminology and regulations. Must be detail oriented and be able to read, understand, and closely follow bank’s loan policy and all pertinent standard operating procedures.
Through careful analysis, to determine the likelihood of repayment and identify all material risks and mitigants
Analyze credit data and financial statements and other financial information to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
Present credit analysis in loan committee with Senior Management including director loan committee.
Evaluate customer needs and assess sources and uses of cash and appropriately structure debt within credit policy parameters while fully mitigating exceptions to policy.
Spread financial statements in Bank software and analyze output, analyze trends, ratios, cash flow, and changes in the balance sheet and synthesize information to ask questions and present pertinent info in credit presentations.
Understand differences in industries and geographic locations and the impact of micro and macroeconomic events as they may impact a particular customer or group of customers.
Understand industry metrics and compare performance and risk status.
Maintain a strong working knowledge of Bank policies and pertinent lending regulations.
Strong understanding of risk grading policy of the Bank and regulators and application to each borrowing relationship.
Calculate financial ratios, cash flow, debt service, etc. and understand the materiality of each borrowing situation.
Provide support for lending officers, Credit Manager and Senior Management as needed.
Understand and apply Bank appraisal policy and administration in a consistent manner. Order property evaluations and reviews of evaluations and appraisals.
Participate in training opportunities as presented.
Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
Perform related duties and responsibilities as required including assisting with special projects and requests from Senior Management.
Perform other duties necessary to keep the loan function of the bank performing efficiently and effectively.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Bachelor’s in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of bank experience and commercial credit analysis is required.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret financial statements, tax returns, aging statements and covenants. Accounting background/education is a plus. Basic understanding of accounting and financial statements including relationship between statement of cash flows to the income statement and balance sheet is required.
- Commercial underwriting experience is required.
- Understanding of appropriate loan structuring concepts.
- Understanding company formation structures and ability to identify borrowing and guaranty structures.
- Working knowledge of loan documents, collateral instruments and banking/financial terminology.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effectively work with the Bank’s Central Loan Processing group and working knowledge of the department’s responsibilities.
Effective time management skills are necessary along with the ability to multi-task and consistently follow up in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times that ensures appropriate and professional behavior and communications with customers and staff.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain working knowledge of bank policies, procedures, and systems.
- Fluency in the English language.
- A strong understanding of mathematical and quantitative concepts is required.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Must be able to maintain effective interpersonal relationships with both internal and external customers as effective gathering and exchanging complex information is required.
- Proficiency with various technologies, especially with spreadsheet software is required.
- Independent decision making and effective deductive reasoning.
- This position requires the ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines and maintaining attention to detail.
- Prior experience with financial spreading software is preferred.
- Ability to operate office machines and equipment, such as personal computers, printers, copy machines, fax machines, calculators, and telephones.
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers, co-workers, and others both in-person and on the telephone.
- Work activities involve combinations of sitting/standing for extended periods up to 5 hours at a time, kneeling, bending, pushing, lifting, and carrying.
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand and arm movement.
- Must be able to work under pressure and exhibit good judgment in making decisions pertaining to the overall health of the bank and its employees.
Provides a friendly atmosphere to make the customer feel at ease during the interview process for opening of new deposit accounts, completing consumer loan applications, and processing cash/deposit transactions. Provides information on all deposit accounts and consumer loan products and to cross-sell the Bank’s products.
- Greet customers promptly upon their arrival in the bank lobby.
- Conduct professional interactions with the customers throughout all transaction processes.
- Open new accounts (checking, savings, certificates of deposit and IRAs).
- Order checks for customers and produce temporary checks.
- Issue ATM Debit cards.
- Open safe deposit boxes and provide access to boxes for customers.
- Promptly answer phones.
- Provide customer service, answering questions about their accounts and providing research as requested.
- Helping customers with Online Banking and Mobile Banking
- Process deposits, cash checks, and change orders for customers.
- Process night drop deposits and mail deposits. Maintain records for audit.
- Sell Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders and Gift Cards.
- Balance Cash Vault daily.
- Redeem Savings Bonds.
- Prepare Compliance Audits as required for Internal Audits.
- New accounts input, (Loans, DDA, and Savings).
- Process stop payment request and input on system.
- Process wire transfer request and prepare Wire Transfer form for Wire Department.
- Customer service-answer phones, research and balancing customer accounts.
- Balance and Supply ATM weekly.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Previous Teller or Personal Banker experience preferred.
Excellent organizational skills required.
Ability to communicate in a professional manner and quickly assess and prioritize customer needs when assisting customers who may be are upset or angry.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required; including keen ability to communicate genuinely conveying respect, dignity and cheerfulness with all levels of staffing.
Ability to coordinate with employees across department lines.
Ability to use sound judgment when routing calls and providing information to callers.
Regular and punctual attendance is required.
Knowledge and use of computers and 10-key machines.
Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
Completing assigned tasks within the deadline provided.
Qualified applicants must be able to work in a fast- paced environment and exhibit sound judgment in making decisions related to the overall health of the bank. Position requires extended periods of standing, sitting, and computer use. In addition, travel between branches and to customers and events may be required.
Ready to build your future with Sonora Bank? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.