It's not just a job, it's a way of life.
Explore Sonora Bank Job Opportunities
The BSA Officer is responsible for the implementation, monitoring and overall administration of all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act compliance program including risk management and compliance with federal and state banking laws and regulations related to the Bank Secrecy Act. Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintain systems and processes to ensure ongoing compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Program, OFAC, and Customer Identification Program. The BSA Officer is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of the BSA department.
- Maintain current knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations, along with the Bank’s policies and procedures and ensure the bank is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for updates and revisions to BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures.
- Performs daily review, monitoring, and analysis of various reports, logs, and transaction data to identify trends, unusual activity, and monitor large currency activity; determines if transactions are suspicious in nature, such as kiting, significant changes in balances, cash structuring in deposits, loans payments, and certificate of deposit purchases, wire or ACH transfers, monetary instrument sales, new account openings, etc.
- Monitor of account activity for suspicious patterns and activity, conducts suspicious activity report investigations, high risk customer/account reviews, and recommends when to file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Filing of the SARs when necessary while maintaining a high-level of confidentiality of the SAR reporting process.
- Development, coordinate, and facilitate training programs to educate bank personnel about BSA related compliance requirements and procedures.
- Directs the BSA/AML compliance program to ensure sufficient internal controls to promote an effective control environment and prioritize focus towards areas identified as having the highest level of BSA/AML risk to the bank.
- Responsible for ensuring all required regulatory reporting is conducted in a timely, accurate, and compliant manner, including filing of Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) to FinCEN, as well as FinCEN 314(a) procedures and reporting.
- Performs customer and transaction analytics to identify trends and possible suspicious activity.
- Responsible for preparation of the BSA Risk Assessment and the periodic updates.
- Monitor of the automated BSA/AML/Fraud system, research and resolved alerts and conducts investigations within the system.
- Participates and prepares for regulatory BSA Examinations and Internal/external Audits.
- Participates in compliance training and continuing education to maintain proficiency with BSA/AML laws and regulations.
- Trending analysis: Conduct manual analysis on high-risk products such as cash, international ACH, wires, early loan payoffs and accelerated loan payments, cash secured loans, etc.
- Interacts with vendor to resolve system issues.
- Assists with special projects, assignments, and tasks as assigned
- Must be experienced in the areas of: SAR, CTR, 3.14(a) & 3.14(b) filings.
- Must be experienced using dynamic BSA/AML monitoring systems, preferably, Yellow Hammer Fraud Detective and BSA pieces.
- Knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC/fraud regulations.
- Strong knowledge of bank administration, lending, operations, and products/services.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to gather, organize, and interpret data.
- Ability to formulate independent preliminary conclusions.
- Strong attention to detail with an investigative approach.
- Ability to exercise good judgement when assessing risk.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to bank policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills to include written, verbal, and interpersonal skills when communicating with others.
- Ability to use sound judgment and handles difficult situations with tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Ability to manage time and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, accounting, or related discipline preferred
- Professional certification (ACAMS, ACFE, CRCM) preferred
- 5+ years' experience of bank BSA/AML compliance experience
- Bank BSA examination experience
- Previous experience managing bank BSA/AML programs
Duties as listed in this description are not meant to be all inclusive and the employer reserves the right to add, alter, or delete duties as seen fit, with or without notice.
automation system to manage and monitor the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. The Accountant also informs agency management, monthly or as needed, on the status of the financial statement. Meets Agency Standards for timeliness and accuracy. This position will report to the Bank CFO while working closely with the President of the insurance company and its employees. This position does not require a CPA or other accounting designation. An experienced bookkeeper for an insurance brokerage agency is sufficient.
Enters commission checks, return premium checks, customer payment checks, and other payments in the automation system.
Maintains an accounts receivable balance of less than 10% monthly.
Reconciles the agency’s A/P to the bank’s A/R on a monthly basis.
Administers and conducts the Month End Closing Process and accurately prepares Month End Reports for management, maintaining a clean Subsidiary Ledger.
Reconciles all cash receipts, bank statements, and other accounts monthly.
Prepares all bank deposits and inter-account bank transfers, as directed by management.
Reconciles Direct Bill Company statements with automated system reports via automated system.
Receives and renews all incoming invoices and prepares and mails payment checks, coding invoices accurately to the General Ledger, and keeping payables up to date.
Works with insureds to resolve payment problems and to ensure low level accounts receivables.
Review financial statements for accuracy and clarity and closing of books quickly after month-end.
Performs budget vs. actual analysis on a monthly basis.
Manage company annual budget including periodic forecasting and analysis.
Assist in ongoing development of systems, policies and controls.
- Proper and timely reporting to CFO and others in the organization. Will work closely with the President of the Insurance company while reporting to the Bank CFO.
- Performs other accounting responsibilities, as requested or assigned by management.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties, as assigned or requested by agency management.
- Experience working in an insurance agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, or equivalent in experience.
- Computer processing skills, general accounting and bookkeeping training, record keeping practices and training, or related job experience of greater than two years in a similar position.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, problem solving, and analytical skills required
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations accurately, including percentages, fractions, decimals, and simple mathematical formulae.
- Ability to solve practical problems and follow written, verbal, or other instructions with several concrete variables.
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize complex information neatly and accurately.
- Ability to compose original correspondence, write reports, have effective interaction with people, and to communicate ideas and receive and process information from others.
- Ability to learn a systematic approach to accounting and to follow the approach without direction to maintain the integrity of the financial data of the agency.
- Ability to perform light physical work, 80% sedentary in nature, exerting up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and up to 20 lbs. of force periodically. Activities include repetitive keyboard fingering, grasping, lifting, shifting of paper, reaching, bending, stooping, and crouching.
- Ability to operate computer equipment, business equipment and other general office equipment, including telephones and fax machines.
- Requires ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption. Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work of the positions and physical requirements normal to the position. Principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties and other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support principal duties.
- This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change and revision as needs arise. Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified reasonably to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members.
- Provide assistance and support to loan officers by performing analysis on financial statements, tax returns, and cash flow for borrowers. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Researching client’s banking relationship and credit history
- Determining strengths and weaknesses of the credit
- Appropriately analyzing collateral values
- Identifying and mitigating policy exceptions
- Analyzing financial trends (income statements, cash flow, etc.)
- Request additional information as needed from the loan officer and occasionally, the customer directly
- Maintain a current knowledge of banking/financial terminology and regulations. Must be detail oriented and be able to read, understand, and closely follow bank’s loan policy and all pertinent standard operating procedures
- Through careful analysis, to determine the likelihood of repayment and identify all material risks and mitigants
- Analyze credit data and financial statements and other financial information to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Present credit analysis in loan committee with Senior Management including director loan committee.
- Evaluate customer needs and assess sources and uses of cash and appropriately structure debt within credit policy parameters while fully mitigating exceptions to policy.
- Spread financial statements in Bank software and analyze output, analyze trends, ratios, cash flow, and changes in the balance sheet and synthesize information to ask questions and present pertinent info in credit presentations.
- Understand differences in industries and geographic locations and the impact of micro and macroeconomic events as they may impact a particular customer or group of customers.
- Understand industry metrics and compare performance and risk status.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Bank policies and pertinent lending regulations.
- Strong understanding of risk grading policy of the Bank and regulators and application to each borrowing relationship.
- Calculate financial ratios, cash flow, debt service, etc. and understand the materiality of each borrowing situation.
- Provide support for lending officers, Credit Manager and Senior Management as needed.
- Understand and apply Bank appraisal policy and administration in a consistent manner. Order property evaluations and reviews of evaluations and appraisals.
- Participate in training opportunities as presented.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required including assisting with special projects and requests from Senior Management.
- Perform other duties necessary to keep the loan function of the bank performing efficiently and effectively.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Bachelor’s in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of bank experience and commercial credit analysis is required.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret financial statements, tax returns, aging statements and covenants. Accounting background/education is a plus. Basic understanding of accounting and financial statements including relationship between statement of cash flows to the income statement and balance sheet is required.
- Commercial underwriting experience is required.
- Understanding of appropriate loan structuring concepts.
- Understanding company formation structures and ability to identify borrowing and guaranty structures.
- Working knowledge of loan documents, collateral instruments and banking/financial terminology.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effectively work with the Bank’s Central Loan Processing group and working knowledge of the department’s responsibilities.
- Effective time management skills are necessary along with the ability to multi-task and consistently follow up in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times that ensures appropriate and professional behavior and communications with customers and staff.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain working knowledge of bank policies, procedures, and systems.
- Fluency in the English language.
- A strong understanding of mathematical and quantitative concepts is required.
Outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Must be able to maintain effective interpersonal relationships with both internal and external customers as effective gathering and exchanging complex information is required.
- Proficiency with various technologies, especially with spreadsheet software is required.
- Independent decision making and effective deductive reasoning.
- This position requires the ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines and maintaining attention to detail.
- Prior experience with financial spreading software is preferred.
- Ability to operate office machines and equipment, such as personal computers, printers, copy machines, fax machines, calculators, and telephones.
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers, co-workers, and others both in-person and on the telephone.
- Work activities involve combinations of sitting/standing for extended periods up to 5 hours at a time, kneeling, bending, pushing, lifting, and carrying.
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand and arm movement.
- Must be able to work under pressure and exhibit good judgment in making decisions pertaining to the overall health of the bank and its employees.
Ready to build your future with Sonora Bank? Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.